On Friday ExlService Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXLS) has shown downward move of -0.54% and ended the last trade at $56.61. The trading volume was recorded to 98,008 shares as compared to average traded volume of 147,492 shares.
ExlService Holdings, Inc. (EXLS), a leading operations management and analytics company, recently reported its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Financial Highlights: First Quarter 2018
We have six reportable sections: Insurance, Healthcare, Travel, Transportation & Logistics, Finance & Accounting, All Other (Banking & Financial Services, Utilities and Consulting) and Analytics. Reconciliations of adjusted (non-GAAP) financial measures, including those reflecting constant currency, to GAAP measures are included at the end of this release.
- Revenues for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 raised to $207.0M contrast to $183.0M for the first quarter of 2017, an raise of 13.1% on a stated basis and 11.9% on a constant currency basis from the first quarter of 2017, as well as an raise of 4.6% sequentially on a stated basis and 4.3% on a constant currency basis, from the quarter ended December 31, 2017.
- Operating income margin for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was 7.3% contrast to 9.4% in the first quarter of 2017 and 8.2% for the quarter ended December 31, 2017. Adjusted operating income margin for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was 12.8% contrast to 14.6% in the first quarter of 2017 and 13.2% for the quarter ended December 31, 2017.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was $0.66. Diluted earnings per share for the first quarter of 2017 was $0.48. Diluted loss per share for the quarter ended December 31, 2017 was $0.27 as we recorded a one-time provisional income tax expense of $29.2M related to the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (“Tax Reform Act”), which reduced our GAAP diluted EPS by $0.83 for the quarter. Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was $0.64 contrast to $0.60 for the first quarter of 2017 and $0.67 for the quarter ended December 31, 2017.
Business Highlights: First Quarter 2018
- Won seven new clients, including three in our operations management businesses and four in Analytics.
- Recognized as a Leader in the Everest Group Property & Casualty Insurance BPO PEAK Matrix™ 2018.
- Cited as a Leader for Cost Optimization and Revenue Generation in the NelsonHall NEAT for “CX Services in Travel, Transport & Hospitality.”
- Recognized as a Super Star of the IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 and a Top Company for Programs for Innovation.
- Included in The Breakthrough 15 for Americas and EMEA in the FIRST QUARTER 2018 ISG Index™.
- Received the DSCI 2017 award for ‘Best Privacy Practices in the IT/ITeS/BPM industry’.
Post-First Quarter Highlight
Subsequent to the first quarter of 2018, on April 28, 2018, EXL signed a definitive contract to acquire SCIOInspire Holdings, Inc., doing business as SCIO Health Analytics. The aggregate merger consideration is $240M, subject to adjustment based on, among other things, SCIO’s cash, debt, working capital position and other adjustments set forth in the Merger Contract. EXL intends to fund the purchase with accessible cash on hand and borrowing from its credit facility. The acquisition is predictable to close in the next three months, subject to the fulfillment of certain closing conditions, including regulatory and other customary consents.
EXLS has price-to-cash ratio of 8.20 and price to sale ratio of 2.50. The company net profit margin is 7.00% and gross profit margin is 34.70%.