Shares of Chesapeake Lodging Trust (NYSE: CHSP) below -0.22% and ended at $31.49. The stock’s market capitalization arrived at $1.873B and total traded volume was 340,475 shares. The stock has a 52-week highest price of $32.84 and its 52-week lowest price was called at $24.08. During last trade, its maximum trading price was registered $31.63 and it’s the minimum trading price was noted $31.30.
Chesapeake Lodging Trust (CHSP) stated recently its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- Comparable RevPAR:5% raise for the 21-hotel portfolio over the same period in 2017.
- Comparable Adjusted Hotel EBITD AreMargin: 90 basis point raise to 27.9% for the 21-hotel portfolio over the same period in 2017.
- Adjusted Hotel EBITD Are:$37.7M.
- Adjusted Corporate EBITD Are:$32.3M.
- Net income accessible to ordinary shareholders:$6.5M or $0.11 per diluted ordinary share.
- Adjusted FFO:$25.7M or $0.43 per diluted ordinary share.
- On January 12, 2018, the Trust paid a dividend in the amount of $0.40 per share to its ordinary shareholders of record as of December 29, 2017. On March 7, 2018, the Trust reported a dividend in the amount of $0.40 per share payable to its ordinary shareholders of record as of March 29, 2018. The dividend was paid on April 13, 2018.
NON-GAAP FINANCIAL MEASURES
- The Trust reports the following seven non-GAAP financial measures (within the meaning of the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission) that it believes are useful to investors as key measures of its operating performance: (1) EBITD Are, (2) Adjusted Corporate EBITD Are, (3) Adjusted Hotel EBITD Are, (4) Adjusted Hotel EBITD AreMargin, (5) FFO, (6) FFO accessible to ordinary shareholders and (7) AFFO accessible to ordinary shareholders. Effective January 1, 2018, the Trust began reporting EBITD Are in accordance with standards established by the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (“NAREIT”). Adjusted Corporate EBITD Are, Adjusted Hotel EBITD Are, and Adjusted Hotel EBITD Are Margin are equivalent to the Trust’s before stated Adjusted Corporate EBITDA, Adjusted Hotel EBITDA, and Adjusted Hotel EBITDA Margin measures, respectively. Reconciliations of all non-GAAP financial measures to the most comparable GAAP measure are included in the accompanying financial tables.
- EBITD Are— The Trust calculates EBITD Are in accordance with standards established by NAREIT, which defines EBITD Are as net income (calculated in accordance with GAAP) before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, gains (losses) from sales of real estate, impairment charges of depreciated real estate, and adjustments for unconsolidated joint ventures and joint ventures. The Trust believes that EBITD Are provides investors a useful financial measure to evaluate the Trust’s operating performance, not including the impact of the Trust’s capital structure (primarily interest expense) and the Trust’s asset base (primarily depreciation and amortization).
- Adjusted Corporate EBITD Are— The Trust further adjusts EBITD Are for certain additional recurring and non-recurring items that are not in NAREIT’s definition of EBITD Are. Specifically, the Trust adjusts for hotel acquisition costs and non-cash amortization of intangible assets and liabilities, deferred franchise costs, and deferred key money, all of which are recurring items. The Trust believes that Adjusted Corporate EBITD Are provides investors another financial measure of its operating performance that provides for greater comparability of its core operating results between periods.
In the liquidity ratio analysis; (CHSP) debt to equity ratio was 0.80 while current ratio was 1.20. The company has the institutional ownership of 99.90% while the Beta factor was 1.00. The stock’s RSI amounts to 46.81.